Home > Register International Travel
Register International Travel
All faculty or staff traveling internationally on University business should register with SU. Faculty/staff will be issued a health insurance card. The University assumes all insurance cost for faculty and staff. The insurance card will be ready and available for pickup five business days following the submission of completed information.
- It is highly recommended that faculty and staff register.
- Each trip is a separate event and requires a separate registration and activation by SU. The issuance of a new insurance card is also on a per trip basis.
- Basics about coverage:
- Persons Covered: All SU faculty, staff, students and non-student program participants traveling internationally on University business, using University funding, or through activities organized, sponsored, or sanctioned by the University are covered. Persons volunteering, chaperoning, or performing other official capacities for the trip are also covered.
- Persons Not Covered: Persons not acting in an official capacity for the trip (i.e. spouses or children) are not covered or eligible to elect coverage. It is strongly recommended that any non-covered person traveling internationally secure alternative international insurance.
- Duration of Coverage: Coverage begins from the date of departure to the date of return to the United States. Coverage includes 7 days discretionary time in conjunction with official business before and after official business for the University.
Your travel information should be submitted to SU at least two weeks prior to your departure. The insurance card will be ready and available for pickup within five business days following the submission of completed information. Instructions on how to access this system are below.
To complete the Registration you will need the following information.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Copy of your Passport (not mandatory)
- Dates for the cities and countries you will be visiting.
Registration can take up to 3 to 5 minutes depending upon destination.
Please be aware that the U.S. Department of State has their own Travel Warnings.