Skip to content

Insurance Information

Insurance Information
Stetson University Logo Bar
Stetson requires that all students participating in a university study abroad program obtain adequate travel insurance for the duration of their stay abroad. Overseas Accident & Sickness Insurance and Crisis Management assistance is automatically provided through AIG/Travelguard for those students participating in Exchange, Semester Study Abroad programs and Faculty- led, course related overseas programs.

If you are studying abroad with an affiliated program with another organization, please be sure to set up your overseas travel insurance before leaving to go abroad. Study Abroad Coordinators can advise you on this process. Please contact the World Learning office for more information at: 386-822-8165.  You do not want to wait until you are abroad to obtain insurance.

AIG Accident & Sickness Plan Forms, Overseas Travel Card and Coverage Summary:

Note:  Stetson does not provide personal property insurance. Students are responsible for securing such insurance if they want it.  For more information about the CSI Personal Property Insurance Plan that will cover your personal property on campus and while abroad, please go to the Stetson Insurance webpage.  Student property Insurance info is at the bottom of the main page.