Mission, Vision, Values
Since 1883,Stetson's vision has remained constant: engaging students with challenging academics and instilling values for life; educating those who are daring enough to pursue not just success, but significance. At Stetson, students develop the ability to explore more deeply, think critically and express ideas clearly and creatively across many challenges. Our commitment is to engage students in every aspect of their academic and campus life, and to nurture the values and skills necessary to rise above personal challenge and shape the future.
Stetson University is consistently ranked among the top schools in the nation. Recent rankings include the following:
- U.S. News ranks Stetson's online graduate business programs among nation's best in 2012
- U.S. News ranks Stetson 3rd in South in 2012 edition
- U.S. News recognizes Stetson as a "Best Value" school
- U.S. News ranks Stetson College of Law 1st in nation in trial advocacy
- Forbes ranks Stetson among nation's top colleges
- Stetson recognized in Fiske Guide to Colleges 2012
- Princeton Review says School of Business Administration one of nation's best
- School of Music on Parade Magazine's 'College A List'
- Washington Monthly names Stetson 1 of Top 50 for service
Stetson's programs, faculty, students, alumni and staff are continually recognized on numerous additional levels. A list of overall honors and recognitions is available on the Honors and Awards webpage.
Accreditation and Degrees
Stetson University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award:
- bachelor's, master's and Educational Specialist degrees in the College of Arts & Sciences,
- bachelor's and master's degrees in the School of Business Administration,
- bachelor's degrees in the School of Music,
- the Juris Doctor and Master of Laws degrees in the College of Law,
- a joint J.D.-M.B.A. degree.
- AACSB International-The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business,
- American Bar Association,
- American Chemical Society,
- National Association of Schools of Music,
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Your at-a-glance guide to StetsonU. We're consistently rated one of the Top 3 schools in the South by U.S. News and World Report.
Stetson University has 2 campuses and 2 satellite centers across the I-4 corridor. Our campuses are in DeLand and Gulfport/St. Petersburg and our centers are in Tampa and Celebration.
Founded in 1883, StetsonU is Florida's first private university, first law school, first private school to be granted a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa ... the list goes on.
Many hands work together to ensure students have a comprehensive, quality educational and life experience.
The Stetson Difference
StetsonU's mission is to provide an excellent education in a creative community where learning and values meet.
- Stetson's list of colleges and schools
Stetson Undergraduate, Graduate, and other programs
- Stetson's Course listing
- Ensure you select the DeLand Campus and term you are searching for from the drop down menu.