WORLD: The David and Leighan Rinker Center for International Learning is seeking student WORLD Ambassadors to build international friendships and dialogue amongst our diverse student population, assist with campus internationalization efforts, and promote Study Abroad at Stetson. Ambassador appointments are for one semester with the opportunity for re-hire each semester if the member continues to meet the basic requirements for the job. This student leadership group will be divided into three committees to include (but are subject to change):
• Social Committee
– primary responsibility of creating an inclusive environment at Stetson where domestic and international students feel free to learn from and share with one another through social events.
• Study Abroad Committee
– primarily responsible for promoting study abroad options to the Stetson community.
• Internationalization, Culture, and Academics Committee
– primarily responsible for engaging the Stetson community in academic and cultural internationalization efforts and in helping to provide academic support for international students
All Ambassadors are required to be involved in the following activities:
• Ambassadors will be required to attend a weekly meeting during the semester (Time of meeting Fridays at 10 am) Please do not schedule class or work during that time.
• Ambassador Training – JTBD
• Assisting as an Orientation Leader for International Student Orientation (Fall and Spring semesters) -
- Orientation Leader Move In - TBD (Date to be confirmed later)
- Orientation Leader Training - TBD (Date to be confirmed later)
- International Student Move in- TBD
- International Student Orientation - TBD
- Ambassador Training and Team Building on TBD
Participating in all WORLD sponsored activities including but not limited to the Global Citizenship Fair (TBD
), Tabling Events (Advising Week, Admissions Office events, First Year Festival, etc), ACIREMA, International Festival (TBD
Depending on the committee to which you are assigned, Ambassadors may be involved in the following activities:
• Assist WORLD with the marketing and promotion of Study Abroad programs and international initiatives at Stetson University
• Have a strong presence at WORLD sponsored events such as International Student Orientation, the Fall and Spring Study Abroad Fairs, International Weeks, and any special events throughout the year
• Coordinating and staffing information tables
• Leading Study Abroad Information sessions for prospective students
• Giving study abroad presentations to classes
• Become a conversation partner for international students
• Create and/or help with events and programs to engage and connect with international students
• Participating in the state-wide Florida International Leadership Conference
• Participating in/Leading an alternative fall or spring break with the Center for Community Engagement
• Presenting at the Florida Consortium for International Education conference in the Fall
• Organizing campus events throughout the semester, and particularly during the Fall and Spring International Weeks
• Engaging returned study abroad students in return programming
• Community service events through various student organizations, fraternities/sororities, etc.
• Participating in CCE-sponsored events, such as the MLK Day of Service, 9/11 Day of Service, Green feather events, etc.
• Attending the annual Social Justice Leadership weekend retreat in January
• Attending a Safe-Zone training through the Tri-C
• Participating in and/or attending Tri-C sponsored events for cultural credit
• Create programming and events to create meaningful connections between American students and our international exchange students and first-year international students at Stetson University
• Create programming and events to promote Global Citizenship and international engagement opportunities at Stetson.
• Participate in the restructuring of ACIREMA, I-Pass, Share Thanksgiving, and the International Festival.
• Contribute to the development of new programming which could include interfaith support initiatives, academic tutoring online, a World Showcase Series, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Prior participation in a Study Abroad program or as an international student while at Stetson University
• Be reliable, have initiative and a willingness to work on specific tasks to advance and grow international initiatives at Stetson University
• Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills
• Have an interest and passion for international initiatives at Stetson
• A demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Ambassadors will be paid in the form of a $312 scholarship each semester that will be applied to your student account. This will reduce the amount of your bill owed to Stetson. The scholarship will not be given as cash or a check.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application no later than October 23, 2020